Friday 21 February 2020

Thirty Q &A’s



I really enjoyed Sue’s post and all those who also did a post on this theme. Yes, it is a bit of a joke but individual bits of character poked through the answers and it gave more insight into the bloggers. 
So, here goes.....


1. Who are you named after?

No one in the family but when I started to do family history I found the name Catherine in a couple of ancestors. It is strange seeing someone else with the same name. My surname was an unusual Irish one (Mangan) and so when I see references to Stephen Mangan, the actor, it makes me think of my brother Stephen who died in 2015.

2. Last time you cried?

D.I.Y. SOS on tv last week. Much more likely to cry these days. Last night at choir practice a young alto sang “I dreamed a dream” from Les Miserables and I got tears in my eyes as she had such a beautiful tone. Very moving.

3. Do you like your handwriting?

Yes. It is not copperplate or anything like but I remember all the practice we did at junior school. Making loops between the rules lines with a dippy pen and ink. It seems almost Victorian now doesn’t it?

4. What is your favourite meat?

really beautifully cooked belly pork. Not the most expensive cut but fabulous flavour and lovely crackling. What’s not to like?

5. Longest relationship?


I often joke that if you add my marriages together it adds up to a life sentence. 3 times! This time is the longest at 23 years this year but my daughters are from my first marriage.

6. Do you still have your tonsils?

I think so. A bit of a query there as I was  in hospital at about the age of four and had my adenoids removed. I’m not sure why they would not have done my tonsils at the same time. Those were the days when parents could only visit once a week so my parents took me in and I did not see them again until I was delivered home by ambulance. Dad posted two comics that I received in hospital with messages on.
.
7. Would you bungee jump?

No way. Absolutely NOT!

8. What is your favourite cereal.?

Porridge oats with Splenda and maybe a few blueberries 


9. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?

Yes. I’m a neat freak and like to do things ‘properly’

10. Do you think you're strong?

Yes, emphatically mentally strong. I’m able to cope in most emergencies. I’m not as physically strong as I was. I find jar tops frustrating now.
11. Favourite ice cream?

Coffee. I know it is a bit of a love/hate things with people but definitely love for me.

12. What is the first thing you notice about a person?

when I was younger and if the person was male it was teeth, then bum! Now I am much slower to pass judgement on looks alone.

13. Football or Rugby?

Neither really although when I was a teenager I worked on the bar on a Saturday at Old Trafford (Manchester Utd)
.
14. What colour trousers are you wearing?

Honestly? I’ve come downstairs to tidy the kitchen and have breakfast, got distracted and not dressed and it is 10.10am. I find it fatal if I don’t shower and dress before coming down so as soon as this is finished I promise to get upstairs. It will be black trousers and casual top.

15. Last thing you ate?

A slice of honey and spelt loaf toasted with honey on top.

16. What are you listening to?

BBC Radio 4 Woman’s Hour. Interview by Jenni Murray with Phoebe Waller-Bridge.

17. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be?

I loved all the colours as a child but I am drawn to red. I love the smell of crayon and remember peeling the paper down as I used them up.

18. What is your favourite smell?

freshly cut grass. I absolutely loathe air fresheners 

19. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?

The receptionist at the apartments where Mum lives to ask for an electric reading. Slightly prosaic 

20. Hair colour?

I was a white blond as a child which gradually darkened to light mouse. Now mostly bottle blond with light and dark streaks. I would like to go back to my normal which is 30% grey now. My hair is the bane of my life as it was always fine but is getting thinner with age, so much so that I have looked online and wonder if I might like a wig. 

21. Eye colour?

Light blue

22. Favourite foods to eat?

Interesting vegetarian food. I eat less meat but I love fish. I checked out the menu for a restaurant we are going to on Saturday night and as soon as I saw an Indian inspired coconut prawns I thought that it was for me.

23. Scary movies or happy endings?

Happy endings. I spend half the time behind a cushion if a movie is too scary. 

24. Last movie you watched?

The Two Popes, so well acted. Highly recommend

25. What colour shirt are you wearing?

Dressing gown

26. What is your favourite holiday?



A mix of eating, drinking and sightseeing. Art history. So I particularly like Italy. I had 4 days on my own in Florence about 10 years ago and had the best time.


27. Beer or wine?

Either as long as they are well made

28. Night Owl or Morning Person?

Morning, especially in summer when I am usually in the garden by 6.30am

29.  If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

UK definitely. We chose well when we moved to our present village. There is so much going on in the area

30. Favourite day of the week?

Sunday. Breakfast, papers, The Archers, preparing lunch, listening to The Food Programme on Radio 4 with Sheila Dillon, wine, rest then choir practice.

Now, I’ve got to go and get dressed! That took slightly longer than I thought but I did try to be as honest as I could.


4 comments:

  1. Such fun! I am like you if I don't get dressed before I come downstairs it can be after 10am and I am still in p.js!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the concept of random questions. Makes you write about things you normally may not think about. Lucinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these sort of posts, always interesting to read. I hate coming downstairs without getting dressed first on a morning, but I do like to get back into my night clothes early and sit in comfort on an evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fatal coming down without getting dressed but it happens occasionally. We are giving away all sorts of secrets here!

      Delete