Monday 27 January 2020

Still got Blogger problems and UPDATE

This post is just to say thank you for all the comments on my last two posts.
I am still having problems with answering the comments individually in Blogger. For those of you who are more expert in these things I did the following.
I went into Blogger settings, then email and comments. When the setting is ‘embedded’ I see the reply button below each comment but if I click this it says comment as Blogger profile but without my photo and my replies just disappear even if I try to log in again ( this does not work!). If I change the setting to ‘full page’ there does not seem to be a reply button. Very frustrating.
So, while I investigate and send off various messages, please bear with me. As they sometimes say on the phone ‘ your call is very important to us...’.
I shall try again this evening.
More in frustration than hope,

Catherine x

4pm. I seem to have fixed the problem on my iPad. I use the default Safari browser normally and after searching the net The answer seemed to be to download another web browser so I installed Chrome from the App Store and voila, I am still logged in on Google and can reply to your comments. I am no expert but it looks like it may be the answer. Thank you for your patience x

16 comments:

  1. Well done! It's so frustrating when you can't work out the answer.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I’ll just have to remember to use Chrome. Phew!

      Delete
  2. I have the exact same problem on Safari too. It happened to me with the latest update a few months ago. The previous update was the same but it seemed to disappear after a couple of days but this time it seems to be around to stay. I have downloaded Chrome too and use that to read blogs now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve never had problems with Safari before but I wonder if it is more to do with Google trying to entice more people to Chrome, it’s own browser? Google runs Chrome and Blogger too. Anyway all’s well that ends well

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your comment on my blog. Hope you get all the frustrations solved with Blogger!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see you blogging again. It sounds as though there've been quite a few changes whilst you've been away. Glad you hear you're settled in a new house and enjoying life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Jo. Life is hectic in different ways not but we are very happy and difficult to believe it is four years already..

      Delete
  5. I have the same problem with Safari, it is a bit of a nuisance but luckily, other browsers work still. Good to see you back, I hope to have time to catch up with your recent posts soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina,I thought it was about time and I used to enjoy it so much. Let’s hope the technology works now.

      Delete
  6. Catherine, I’m trying this new browser to try and leave a message. I, too, have had trouble leaving comments on several of my friends’ posts and hope your experience and suggestion is the solution! Zenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Catherine, I think I’ve figured it out, with your help! I’ve been trying to comment and nothing was showing up! I had to open my blog first, then open a new tab for yours. Whew! It’s hard for this old girl to learn these updates! Anyway, it’s great to be reading your posts again! Zenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zenda, if I log into Google on Chrome I stay logged in when I go onto Bloglovin to read blogs and comment without problem. Anyway, it works so far.

      Delete
  8. I have had exactly the same problems and the fix was to put Firefox on my iPad, which to my surprise is working extremely well.

    If you have a look at my January post ‘Lousy Weather-Great Day’ Jessica (Rusty Duck) and SustainableMum both came up with solutions in the comments section.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I’m not sure whyI missed that post and replies. It would have solved everything for me. I must say Chrome is working really well and it is a joy to be able to comment and make contact again. We will be coming up to your neck of the woods next weekend. My stepdaughter and family lived in Applethwaite until last week when they moved to a larger old house in Portinscale. I’m really looking forward to seeing it. Thank you for commenting

      Delete
    2. Both lovely places, I do hope the weather is kind to you and your visit is a safe and enjoyable one.

      Delete